Parish staff

Pastor

Rev. Lane K Akiona ss.cc.

Parochial Vicar

Rev. Benny Kosasih ss.cc

Deacon

Andy  Calunod

Pastoral Associates

Anne Harpham

Sister Cheryl Wint, osf

The Parish of St. Augustine has been staffed since its beginning in 1854 by religious of the congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, the order that brought the Catholic faith to Hawaii in 1827. The Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and of Perpetual Adoration was founded by Pierre Coudrin (Brother Marie Joseph) and Henriette Aymer de la Chevalerie in Poitiers at the end of the 18th century, during the French Revolution.   The Consecration to the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary is the foundation of our community.  The congregation is  called to contemplate, live and proclaim God’s love as expressed in the union of the Heart of Jesus and the Heart of Mary.